Chicken Fillets are one of the most versatile meats in the freezer. It’s a staple in many households. Baobab meats make it easy for you to order online and have it delivered straight to your doorstep.
Some of the most common uses for chicken fillets include:
- Chicken Schnitzel
- Chicken stir fry
- Chicken soup
The list goes on and on…
One of our favorite recipes is a chicken schnitzel with a cheese sauce. Make the most of your chicken fillet by following this recipe:
Baobab Chicken Schnitzelfrom Scratch
- 500g Chicken Fillets
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp spice for chicken
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Lay the chicken fillet on the chopping board (smooth side facing upward). Gently take a sharp knife and horizontally divide the chicken fillet into two pieces.
- Place the cut pieces of the fillet under clingwrap. Gently use the flat side of the mallet to pound/flatten the chicken cuts further.
- Get out 3 shallow, proud bowls. Place your bread crumbs (with herbs and spices), flour and, egg each in their own bowl. *Note: Keep a clean plate on the side for coated fillets.
- To coat your fillets, first, dip into the flour, then the egg and lastly the bread crumbs.
- To cook: Fry the chicken schnitzels in a frying pan on medium-high heat until coating is browned and chicken is cooked through.
We have a whole range of chicken to suit everyone’s taste buds! View our extensive range of meat online. Want to keep up to date about our latest specials? Join us over on Facebook where we’re always sharing the best deals!