Best Beef Rump Roast Recipe:
- 1.3 to 1.6 kg of Boneless Rump Roast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 slivers of garlic (3 to 4 cloves, sliced in half or into thirds)
- Salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- Red wine, water, and or beef stock
- Salt the roast and let sit at room temp
2. Preheat your oven to (190°C).
3. Use a sharp knife to make small incisions in the roast. Gently place slithers of garlic into the incesions.
4. Rub olive oil all over the roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Place roast on rack, fat side up, with pan to catch drippings below. Additionally, make sure to place the roast fat-side up. As a result, the fat melts and bathes the entire roast in flavor.
.6. Cook the roast initially at 190°C for half an hour, to brown it. Then lower the heat to 107°C The roast should take somewhere from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours additionally to cook.
7. When juices start to drip from the roast, and it is browned on the outside, check the roast’s internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Remove the roast from the oven when the internal temperature of the roast is 57°C to 60°C.
8. Let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes before cutting.
To make the sauce:
Remove the dripping pan from the oven and place on the stove top at medium heat. Add some water, red wine, or beef stock to the drippings to deglaze (loosen the drippings from the pan). Dissolve a tablespoon of cornstarch in a little water and add to the drip pan. Stir quickly while the sauce thickens to avoid lumping.
You can add a little butter if there is not a lot of fat in the drippings. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mom adds some fresh thyme too if she has some.
We have a whole range of meat products to suit everyone’s taste buds! View our extensive range of meat online. We deliver to Johannesburg, Pretoria, and Emahlahleni every week. Want to keep up to date about our latest specials? Join us over on Facebook where we’re always sharing the best deals!