Beef Goulash is a versatile meat that can be used in a huge variety of dishes. Whether you are cooking a delicious savory pie or looking for something to add to your pasta dish. Therefore, we have made it available in our online shop so that you can easily buy it online and have it delivered without any hassles.
Which dishes can be made with Beef Goulash?
- Beef Pie
Beef Goulash Stew Recipe
- 1kg beef goulash
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil (or other cooking oil)
- 3 medium onions, cut into 12 wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 beef stock cube (Or vegetable stock, whatever you prefer)
- 600ml water
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 peppers (green pepper, red pepper or orange pepper)
- flaked sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Season goulash well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat your chosen cooking oil in a large flameproof pan/casserole. Add the goulash and fry over high heat until nicely browned all over. Add the onion, cook until transparent. Lastly, add the garlic and stir frequently. Allow cooking for an additional 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle paprika over the meat and crumble the beef (or vegetable) stock cube on top. Add the water, tomatoes, tomato purée, and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper, stir well, and bring to a simmer. Cover with a tightly fitting lid and transfer the dish to the oven. Cook for 1½ hours.
- While the beef is cooking, remove the core and seeds from each pepper and chuck them away. Cut each pepper into chunks of about 3cm. When the beef has cooked for 1½ hours, carefully remove the dish from the oven. Stir in the peppers, put the lid back on and put the goulash back in the oven for a further hour or until the beef is meltingly tender.
- Serve with small portions of rice and spoonfuls of soured cream if you like.
Recipe altered from Hairy Bikers
We have a whole range of meat products to suit everyone’s taste buds! View our extensive range of meat online. We deliver to Johannesburg, Pretoria, and Emahlahleni every week. Want to keep up to date about our latest specials? Join us over on Facebook where we’re always sharing the best deals!