Beef Tomahawk Steak is similar to a traditional Ribeye steak. However, sometimes the presentation is a key factor in the dining process. That is when you want to go for a show stopper like this beautiful cut of meat. Now you can easily order your meat online and have it delivered straight to your doorstep with no hassles.
What part of the cow is Beef Tomahawk Steak?
The Tomahawk Steak is a Rib Steak that is still on the bone (Beef) Additionally, it is cut from the Fore-rib with the entire rib bone left. The long bone is french-trimmed, leaving a show-stopping presentation that is sure to be the talk of the dinner table.
Why not take some tips from The Stay At Home chef when it comes to cooking the perfect steak on your braai and oven?
- Make sure your braai has a high heat. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Season steaks generously with salt (and pepper as desired). Get the top, bottom, and all the sides. Use a generous amount of salt as this is a thick steak.
- Sear the steak for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, letting the flames of your braai lick up the sides. You’ll know the steak is ready to flip when it releases easily from the grill.
- Transfer the steak to a baking sheet . Bake in the preheated oven until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 50 degrees C. This will take about 30 minutes, but use a meat thermometer for 100% accuracy.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
We have a whole range of meat products to suit everyone’s taste buds! View our extensive range of meat online. We deliver to Johannesburg, Pretoria, and Emahlahleni every week. Want to keep up to date about our latest specials? Join us over on Facebook where we’re always sharing the best deals!